Assistant Professor, in Applied Biology (BIO/13), Dept. of Biomedical, Surgical and Dental Sciences at the University of Milan
Keynote Speaker with the topic: Frontotemporal dementia – from genetics to clinical phenotypes.
Assistant Professor Daniela Galimberti is the Secretary of the Dementia Panel of the European Academy of Neurology and of the Italian Society for the research on dementia (Sindem). Dr. Galimberti is a distinguished author with more than 250 scientific articles in international peer-reviewed journals, with ten chapters in international volumes, and more than 350 contributions to conferences.
Assistant Professor Galimberti also serves as a reviewer for several neurological journals and is a Senior Associate Editor of the Journal of Alzheimer’s disease, Editor of the Reviews session of the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, and Coordinating Editor of the Molecular Neurobiology.
- 16th Congress of the European Federation of Neurological Societies, 2012, Investigator Award Dementia and Cognitive Neurology.
- Premio Sapio for Italian Research, 2010.
- SINDEM (Italian Association for the Study of Dementia linked to the Italian Neurological Society (SIN)) meeting, 2006, Best Communication.
- XVI Meeting of the European Neurological Society, 2006, Best of Free Communication.
- JPND (EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research), 2019, Diagnostic and Prognostic Precision medicine for bvFTD (DIPPA-FTD).
- Ministry of Health (Italy), 2018, RF-2018-12365333 – Healthy versus pathological aging: role of exosomederived non coding RNAs and inflammatory transcripts in frailty and dementia – coPI.
- ERANET-JPND Co-Fund, 2015, EADB: European DNA bank to decipher the Alzheimer disease missing heritability (int. coordinator: Institut Pasteur de Lille (France), Ita. coordinator: Istituto Besta, Milan).
- Giovani Ricercatori, Ministry of Health (Italy), 2010, The topological organisation of anatomical and functional cortical brain networks in patients with the behavioural variant of frontotemporal dementia and primary progressive aphasia (coordinator Ospedale S. Raffaele).
- Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (Portugal), 2019-20.
- Slovenian Research Agency, 2017-20.
- Joint Program on Neurodegenerative Diseases.
- Agence Nationale de la Recherche – Medecine Translationelle (France), 2018-20.
- Research Foundation Flanders (Belgium), 2011-20.
- EU Joint Program on Neurodegenerative Diseases, 2017.
- H-index (Scopus ID 6701617660): 58.
- ORCID: 0000-0002-9284-5953.
- Chapters in international volumes: 14.
- N. Citations (Scopus): 18227.
- Research ID: K-6542-2016.
- SINDEM (Italian Society of Neurology – Dementia).
- EAN (European Academy of Neurology).
Membership International Consortia
- IGAP (International Genomics of Alzheimer’s Project).
- IMSGC (International Multiple Sclerosis Genetics Consortium).
- Burnelli R, Fiumana G, Rondelli R, et al. Comparison of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in Children and Adolescents. A Twenty Year Experience with MH’96 and LH2004 AIEOP (Italian Association of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology) Protocols. Cancers (Basel). 2020;12(6):E1620. Published 2020 Jun 18;
- Carandini T, Pietroboni AM, Sacchi L, et al. Alemtuzumab in multiple sclerosis during the COVID-19 pandemic: A mild uncomplicated infection despite intense immunosuppression [published online ahead of print, 2020 May 28]. Mult Scler. 2020;1352458520926459;
- Le Blanc G, Jetté Pomerleau V, McCarthy J, et al. Faster Cortical Thinning and Surface Area Loss in Presymptomatic and Symptomatic C9orf72 Repeat Expansion Adult Carriers. Ann Neurol. 2020;88(1):113-122;
- Scarioni M, Gami-Patel P, Timar Y, et al. Frontotemporal Dementia: Correlations Between Psychiatric Symptoms and Pathology. Ann Neurol. 2020;87(6):950-961.