Doctor of Family Medicine at the Public Health Centre Ljubljana
- Assistant Professor at the University of Maribor Faculty of Medicine, Family Medicine Department.
- Lecturer at Nursing High School at Alma Mater Europaea – ECM.
Demographically, Slovenia is an “aging lady”. Among other things, this means an increase in the number of people with cognitive disorders in old age, such as dementia and dementia similar conditions. But cognitive impairment does not only affect the elderly population, not least because early dementia is a feature of younger adults.
Raising the awareness of the professional and lay public about the problems that dementia brings with it for the patient and relatives is an extremely important task that the Noli Oblivisci Me second conference can deliver with distinction.
To this end, I gladly responded to the invitation of the Programme Board for active participation in the 2021 Conference on Dementia. I’m certain this will be another pebble in the mosaic of recognizability of the disease that marks a large circle of people when it occurs.
- Medical Chamber of Slovenia, Supervising Physician for the field of Family Medicine.
- EQuiP (European Society for Quality and Safety in Family practice), Supervising Physician for the Field of Family Medicine.
- Zadravčevi dnevi (eng. Zadravc’s days), Idea Leader and Organiser of Family Medicine Doctors’ Training.
- Slovenian Association of Palliative and Hospice Care, Member of the Board.
- WONCA (World Organization of Family Doctors), Member of the Commission for the Award of Scholarships to Young Researchers.
- Medical Chamber of Slovenia
- Association Pomurska akademsko znanstvena unija (PAZU), (Eng: Academic Scientific Union of Pomurje region)
Disclosure of the Conflict of Interest
COI_disclosure-EZ-s.pdf (399 KB)
- Stuhec M, Gorenc K, Zelko E. Evaluation of a collaborative care approach between general practitioners and clinical pharmacists in primary care community settings in elderly patients on polypharmacy in Slovenia: a cohort retrospective study reveals positive evidence for implementation. BMC Health Serv Res. 2019;19(1):118. Published 2019 Feb 13.
- Zelko E, Selic P, Malacic S. Palliative Care: a Cross Sectional Study Focused on Different Capacity Building Programmes Evaluated Through Self- Rated Knowledge and Efficiency in Family Medicine Tutors. Mater Sociomed. 2017;29(2):114‐118.
- Zelko E, Klemenc-Ketis Z, Tusek-Bunc K. Medication Adherence in Elderly with Polypharmacy Living at Home: A Systematic Review of Existing Studies. Mater Sociomed. 2016;28(2):129‐132.