Pharmacist Specialist Consultant, Senior Research Associate at the Ormož Psychiatric Hospital
Senior Research Associate, Ormož Psychiatric Hospital
Assistant Professor at the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Pharmacy
Assistant Professor at the University of Maribor Faculty of Medicine
Patients with dementia are often treated with several different medications and therefore prudent prescribing is necessary for optimal medication selection. Medication-related problems including polypharmacy, drug-drug interactions and inappropriate medications are very frequent in this population and therefore I will attend this conference to present to the participants possible pharmacological hints in real clinical practice to avoid drug-related problems. I expect diverse researchers and healthcare professionals from Slovenia and abroad to share common ideas and strategies how to cope with problems related to dementia.
Assist. Prof. Matej Štuhec, M. Pharm., Ph. D. (35 y) is a Doctor of Pharmacy and a Board Certified in Clinical Pharmacy and Clinical Professor in Slovenia with a strong interest in the pharmacological management of mood disorders, particularly in psychopharmacology, medical errors, old age psychiatry, inappropriate prescribing and meta-analysis.
Assistant Professor Štuhec teaches clinical psycho-pharmacotherapy at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the University of Ljubljana and evidence-based pharmacotherapy at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Maribor.
Štuhec has ten years plus of working experience in the Psychiatric Hospital Ormoz as a clinical pharmacist consultant and five years as an ambulatory clinical pharmacist in a Community Health Centre Ljutomer covering nursing home settings.
Published as the first author in distinguished journals, including the European Psychiatry, Journal of Affective Disorders, Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, JAMDA, European Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry etc.
Temporary reviewer for numerous peer-reviewed journals including The Lancet, The Lancet Psychiatry, BMC Medicine, European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, etc.
- European Congress of Psychiatry, Nice 2017, Warsaw 2018, Madrid 2019.
- World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA) world congress.
- European Psychiatric Association (EPA)
- European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP)
- Association Pomurska akademsko znanstvena unija (PAZU), (Eng: Academic Scientific Union of Pomurje region).
Disclosure of the Conflict of Interest
COI-NOOBMe-MSt-s.pdf (222 KB)
- Štuhec, M.; Bratović, N.; Mrhar, A. Impact of clinical pharmacist’s interventions on pharmacotherapy management in elderly patients on polypharmacy with mental health problems including quality of life: A prospective non-randomized study. Sci Rep. 2019; 9(1): 16856.
- Štuhec M, Locatelli I. Age-related pharmacotherapy of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in Slovenia in children and adolescents: A population-based study. Eur Psychiatry. 2017; 42: 129‐133.
- Štuhec M, Locatelli I. Age-related pharmacotherapy of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in Slovenia in children and adolescents: A population-based study. Eur Psychiatry. 2017; 46: 1‐15.