Director at the Centre for Health and Development Murska Sobota
PhD Student in Health Sciences at the Angela Boškin Faculty of Health Care.
I wish that the participants in the conference would look for and find at least some answers to many questions that are related to dementia in modern society and will be increasingly important in the future. Of particular interest for the Centre for Health and Development Murska Sobota are challenges of ensuring the highest possible quality of life for people suffering from dementia and their informal caregivers. Taking into account the increasing number of sufferers from dementia and related diseases, it is an equally important challenge how to avoid increasing inequalities in health, the causes of which are often systemic.
Peter Beznec, BSc (48 y) is an experienced manager in health economics and Director of the Centre for Health and Development Murska Sobota.
Areas of expertise
(+) Head of the World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Centre for Cross-Sectoral approach to health and development (+) Technical focal point to facilitate WHO Regions for Health Network (WHO RHN) work in Pomurje region (+) Region and monitor progress (+) Member of WHO RHN Steering Group (+) Representation of the European Public Health Alliance (EPHA) at the European Commission (EC) (DG REGIO) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Platform (+) Management Committee subgroup on “SDGs at the local and regional level” (+) National Focal Point for WHO in the field of Sub-national policies: regions and cities (+) Coordinator of the Regional Action Group (RAG) for health and development in the Pomurje region (+) Project coordinator & Concept documentation design specialist for project proposals (+) Implementation of national and international projects in the field of health and development.
(+) Collaboration in various international working groups (expert consultation group for the information paper on Policies to Address Social Determinants of Health, Steering group member on eHiAP Flagship Course) (+) Collaboration in international project Shaping Health Exchanging in social power and heath (+) Panel speaker at international events on the topic of cross-sector approaches to health and development (+) Presenter at international conferences, workshops, meetings on the topic of multisectoral and intersectoral approaches to health and development (+) Cooperation in international projects (+) WHO expert team member in government appraisal on health determinants (in Serbia 2012 and in Montenegro 2013) (+) Team member in WHO Footprint initiative, working on the topics related to health and sustainable development on the regional level and on health systems footprint on sustainable development and community resilience.
Skills and competencies
- Certified Cost-Benefit Analysis Expert (European Academy Berlin).
- Certified Health Impact Assessment (Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine).
- Certified Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Consultant (Generalist) (Ministry of Economic Development and Technology).
Grossman Fantastic Film & Wine Festival.
- Beznec, P. et al.; Šarotar Žižek, S. (ed.), Mumel, D. (ed.). Izzivi in management na področju sociale in zdravja v moderni informacijski družbi : ponudniki in iskalci zdravstvenih in socialnih storitev v moderni družbi. [Challenges and management in the field of social and health in the modern information society : Providers and seekers of health and social services in modern society.] 1. edit. Harlow [etc.]: Pearson, 2019. 196 p.
- Peternel, L.; Beznec, P. et al., Uvajanje skupnostnega pristopa k zdravju na lokalni ravni : praktični vidiki. [Introducing a community-based approach to health at local level : practical aspects.] In: Pahor, M. (ed.). Zdrava skupnost : priročnik za razvoj skupnostnega pristopa k zdravju. [Healthy Community: Guide for the development of a community approach to health. Ljubljana: National Institute of Public Health, 2018. p. 82-111.
- Beznec, P. et al.. S trajnostno mobilnostjo do urejenega, dostopnega in varnega prostora : celostna prometna strategija Občine Gornja Radgona. [With sustainable mobility to an orderly, accessible and safe space: Integrated transport strategy of the Municipality of Gornja Radgona. Gornja Radgona: Municipality, 2017. 42 p.